Coronavirus Service Updates
Last Updated 20/10/2020
Following the latest Welsh Government announcement of a Welsh Nationwide Lockdown we’d like to reassure you that our Covid Response Team have met to discuss the latest guidance. We understand this might be a scary time for you so we’d like to let you know what has changed since today’s announcement.
What has Taff changed following the guidance?
- We have place a hold on booking in appointments for any new non-urgent repairs until the end of the new lockdown rules. This doesn’t mean you can’t report repairs to us, it just means we won’t be able to fix it straight away. We’re logging all reported repairs so we can get it fixed as soon as it is safe.
- We are now advising that all tenants and visitors wear masks when using the communal areas of buildings unless exempt on medical grounds. This includes hallways and stairwells.
- Essential compliance works will continue to ensure our homes remain safe, this includes gas and electrical testing.
- Vulnerable People will be contacted by staff. If you are worried about yourself, or another Taff tenant – get in touch and we can provide the right support.
- We are looking in to how we are able to carry out lettings through virtual viewings.
- Our kitchen and bathroom replacements has been placed on hold.
- Face-to-face meetings remain unavailable unless in emergency circumstances
- Our head office remains closed
We continue to display this information using a traffic light system. This will be available on our social media pages & on our website.
Frequently asked questions :
- When will your offices re-open? – at the moment we don’t know but it is unlikely to be this year. You are able to get in touch with us a number of ways including LiveChat, Social media, our website or by phone
- I’m worried about my neighbour, what can I do? – If your neighbour is a Taff tenant let us know & we’ll be sure to get in touch and put the right support in place
- Can I wear my own face mask when a person enters my home? – Yes! If it makes you feel more comfortable, our team are wearing the correct protective equipment and are sanitising everything they touch.
- Why are you asking me all these questions before my appointment? – these are screening questions to make sure it’s safe to carry out your appointment.
- How can I give feedback on Taff’s response to Covid-19? – You can give us feedback through our website or social media channels or in writing.
- If today’s news has got you feeling worried or scared, you are not alone. Diverse Cymru have resources available in 62 different languages.
Taff’s Covid Response Team
If you have any questions, please get in touch.