Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
We take the safety of our tenants extremely seriously.
Find information below on keeping your home safe, and what to do in the event of a fire.

Fire Safety

It is very important that if you live in a property owned by us you clearly understand what to do should a fire break out in your home or in the block where you live.

You should be able to safely and efficiently evacuate your home if a fire breaks out. If you have mobility issues, hearing or sight impairment or have drug or alcohol dependency and think you may struggle to get out in the event of a fire, you must contact your Housing Officer immediately on 0800 121 6064. Taff will be able to put measures in place to help protect you or your family.


We do not keep spare keys to your front door. If you lose your key and the lock has to be changed you will be charged. It is therefore a good idea to leave a spare set of keys with a relative or friend.

For communal areas we keep spare keys. For a small charge we can issue a replacement.

Asbestos was a widely used substance in the construction industry throughout the 20th century. It is possible that some locations within your home may contain asbestos.

Before we carry out any work in your property we will undertake an asbestos survey, if you are planning on doing any work in your home that are likely to cause an disturbance to walls or ceilings please contact us and we will let you know if it is safe to do so.

If you have an emergency repair, please telephone us on Freephone 0800 121 6064 ( 24 hours). You should not report an emergency repair using Taff’s website.

Our aim in dealing with emergency repairs out of hours is to ensure the repair is made safe in the first instance.

In some cases, a full repair will be possible and will be completed at the first visit, but it may be that our contractors will have to make the repair safe and then return to complete the repair in normal working hours.

You should be aware that if it turns out that the repair is not found to be an emergency, you will be charged for the ‘call out’ and possibly the cost of the repair.

Our Safety Guides

If you live in a block of flats the correct fire evacuation procedure will be displayed on the notice board. Please make sure you are aware of what to do should a fire happen.

If you live in a house you should evacuate immediately and dial 999 or 112.

Please make sure you are comfortable with the evacuation procedures for your home.

If you are unsure about any of the advice please complete the fire safety enquiry form below or contact the office. An officer will respond to you as quickly as possible.

0800 121 6064
  • Fill out our form and we'll be in touch

  • Drop files here or

ASCP logo

Taff is a Corporate Member of The Association of Safety and Compliance Professionals (ASCP) . This organisation supports members and organisations like Taff, that are raising standards in safety and compliance.