• Direct debit: A direct debit is a financial transaction in which one person or company withdraws funds from another person’s bank account. This takes all of the hassle out of paying your rent, as we do the work for you.
  • MyTaff: You can pay your rent through the app by clicking the link at the top of this page. To download the app onto your phone search ‘MyTaff’ in your app store.

We are no longer able to accept cash or card payments face to face. Please contact us if you need support setting up an alternative payment method or for key fobs.

The amount of rent you pay for your home will vary depending on the size and type of your home, where you live and whether you have a Secure or Assured tenancy.

Before we change your rent we have to give you a month’s written notice.

You may be entitled to help paying your rent by claiming either Universal Credit or Housing benefit.

Here are some important things to remember if you claim Universal Credit or Housing Benefit:

  • It is your responsibility to make sure that your Universal Credit or Housing Benefit is paid to us on time.
  • If you receive Universal Credit or Housing Benefit for only part of your rent you must make arrangements for paying the remainder
  • You must tell the Universal Credit or Housing Benefit Department and your Income Officer if your circumstances change. For example, if a child reaches the age of 18, someone moves in or out, or you start work.
  • You must act upon all letters and communication you receive from the Universal Credit and Housing Benefit Departments, even if you think they already have the information. If you do not, your benefit may be cancelled, and you will have to pay the rent yourself.
  • If your benefit stops, for any reason, you will have to pay the rent yourself.
  • If you are in dispute with the Universal Credit or Housing Benefit Departments regarding your claim, we can refer you to our Money Advisor or an external debt adviser, who will be able to assist you with claims for backdated benefit or appeals.
  • If you are claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit in order to pay your rent and you need more time to move, the Housing Benefit Department or DWP may pay your rent on both properties for up to 4 weeks. They will only do this in certain circumstances, for example, if you are disabled and need assistance to move. If you think you may be entitled to dual benefit please ask your Housing Officer for advice.

Remember that you are responsible for the payment of your rent from the date your tenancy starts even if you have not moved in.

We can help you by:

  • Coming to an agreement to ensure that you can afford to pay off the arrears
    Refer you to support if you are in financial difficulty
    Help you find independent advice
  • Our Income Team are here to help by providing expert knowledge and listening to any financial concerns.

Often benefit systems can be complicated to navigate – we’re here to help simplify them .

We will

  • Contact you within six weeks of your tenancy start date to check you have moved in and discuss any problems with your rent.
  • Send you a rent statement every three months. This shows all the rent we have charged you, and all the payments you have made.
    We will give you at least four weeks’ notice of any rent increases.
  • Try to contact you either by letter, telephone, text message or in person should your account fall into arrears
  • Assist you with any rent or benefit queries you may have
  • Make you aware of the action that we intend to take if you fall into arrears and we fail to reach an agreement for repayment